In Albuquerque and all over the United States, walk-in tub installations are quickly becoming a very a popular home renovation trend for those that want a safer, more secure bathing experience. Traditional bathtubs can be very dangerous, and difficult for handicapped, elderly, and others to climb in and out of. A walk-in tub, on the other hand, is built with important safety features like low, step-in thresholds, grab bars, and other custom additions that can revolutionize the way you bathe in your home.
If someone in your household struggles with bath time, a wheelchair accessible, walk-in tub can be a godsend—especially for those that have given up bathing due to mobility issues. In this article, our team at Surface Innovations will share some of our favorite details about walk-in tubs, and some of the reasons why a new installation can enhance the value of your home, and the way you live inside of it.
Walk-in Tubs for Hydrotherapy
There’s no doubt that taking a bath can be a wonderful way to de-stress, ease muscle tension and joint pain, and can provide other relaxing benefits as well. In fact, baths have been used as therapy and even medical treatments for centuries, and are proven to be very beneficial for ones’ health.
Today, expensive spas and bathhouses offering hydrotherapy treatments can be found all over the world in the United States. However, walk-in tub installations are commonly found at home and can be equipped with advanced hydrotherapy features, massage jets, and other characteristics for an actual spa-like experience at home.
Walk-in tubs with hydrotherapy features combine heat and massage functions to ease tension and stress in the body. Here are some of the many benefits that walk-in tub installations can provide:
· Arthritis: According to the Arthritis Foundation, warm water therapy can help loosen joints. With the use of walk-in tubs, people with this condition can engage in warm water therapy to improve blood flow to damaged tissues and strengthen damaged joints.
· Diabetes: A walk-in tub can also help with diabetes because it can help you relax. Stress reduction doesn’t only improve the quality of life, but also indirectly boosts blood sugar control.
· Alzheimer’s Disease: Walk-in tubs are not only helpful for a person with Alzheimer’s, but also for the caregiver. By replacing traditional bathtubs with this type of tub, the patient will feel more relaxed, in control, and safer—especially with the help of grab bars and a custom-measured, contoured seat.
· Heart Conditions: A recent study by Mayo Clinic reveals that soaking in a warm bath can regulate blood pressure and improve cardiovascular health. With the help of walk-in tubs, people with heart problems will be able to ease their symptoms and improve their condition.
· Sleep Disorders: A walk-in tub can help put your body in a state of relaxation and rejuvenate your mind and body. It is recommended to take a 20-minute bath at least an hour before bedtime for best relaxation results.
Expert Walk-in Tub Installation and Bathroom Remodeling
Surface Innovations is a bathroom remodeling expert that can provide you with a walk-in tub that features added safety, convenience, and therapeutic benefits. If you are struggling when using a traditional bathtub due to a health condition, this type of replacement bathtub is the best option available.
For 17 years, we have been providing bathroom remodeling solutions that improve the value of properties and the quality of life of families in Albuquerque and other nearby areas. Below are the benefits of choosing Surface Innovations as your trusted bathroom expert:
· Top-quality replacement bathtub and other anti-slip products
· A team of professionals with expertise in bathroom remodeling
· Home Advisor award-winning provider
· Cost-effective solutions
· Industry-leading warranties
· Exceptional customer service
From the design process to the actual installation process, our experts will be there to guide you throughout every step of the way. If you’re interested in learning more about Surface Innovations or would like to schedule a free in-home estimate and consultation, call us today or fill out this online form.